Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn is here!

I'm nothing if not excited about the sudden plummet in temperature and the cold rain which has descended upon the valley between an outlying mountain ridge and the greater mountain range where I live.  Autumn means many things that I love: the excitement of American football games played at local high schools and between some of the most prestigious American universities, the changing leaves of trees in my neighborhood, a crisp dry smell that lingers in my nose every time I breathe in (in general, just not today), barn parties, apple cider, pumpkins carved into jack o'lanterns, Oktoberfest beer by Samuel Adams, deer-hunting stories both true and fictional, and the anticipation of a bountiful harvest and Thanksgiving weekend.

If you have something to be thankful for, take the time to write it down somewhere.  Should your keyboard be the closest thing to a writing utensil, go ahead and leave a comment on this post.  Keep the language clean as children and grandparents may be reading this, and give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment