Everyone who reads this post may or may not be anticipating the arrival of 2012 for whatever reason. Personally, I am looking forward to the New Year not because of any resolutions or "the end of the world" which some people are predicting, but because I am curious to know what God has in store for me and for everyone in the world.
For folks who live in Japan, the Land of the Rising Sun, and the Philippine islands in the Pacific, there is probably no better place to be when watching the sun come up on January 1st. For myself, I will most likely wake up earlier than usual to watch the sun rise over the mountains and shine down into the valley...that is, if the weather is clear.
This year began with fear and anxiety on my part: fear of failure in academics and student teaching and anxiety about what the future held. Although I am no more certain of what may come in the days, months, and years ahead in my life, I have discarded my fear of failure for the courage which only the Lion of Judah can provide.
Ever think there was a reason for that name? God told Joshua over and over again in Joshua 1:5-9 that he should be "bold and very courageous", for God would be with him where-ever he went.
I have not made any resolutions for this coming year which I have not made already in past years and months. I have not determined that I will feel a certain way or behave much better than what I have, although there will always be room for improvement in my habits and actions. If anything, I want to increase my good habits in my Christian walk: prayer, study of the Scriptures, and working with others who earnestly seek to do God's will and not theirs. To give to others, even out of my relative poverty. To listen for God's instructions and obey when I hear.
What about you? What do you wish to do and be for the Kingdom of Heaven?
No comments:
Post a Comment